"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, September 10


A big fat finally, to at least see the church directory coming to terms, its funny receiving comments like from Elizabeth saying how active/involved I am in church. Then Joan was asking "Wah, bring laptop, doing projects ah?" I was like "No, not projects leh". And she went "ouh, church huh." Jiatlat. Ahaha, for that moment I had flashback of Lavonne, back at IBM, she's always working on her church stuff, and i always go "church stuff ah? Wah very involved at church ah". To see it come the other way round, really is deja vu and pretty much I also don't know.

For certain, its just like suddenly i'm popping up or something. Ahahaa, I laugh and wonder why did it take me so long to get to where I am today, got no idea. But all I can say, I believe I'm no longer held back by the doubts of "wah, what will people think" or the feelings of being constantly watched when you're in the vision of many people. I've always loved to be low profile, after being high profile at school for far too long, I've taken a break ahaha, a LONG break. Slack, watch and observe. Know how constantly one can just passingly pass comments as to the way things currently work, but no one really wants to get out there, step up and do a better job.

Yah, now i'm up and running, lately, its been the church directory. Not starting it from scratch so its all not that a big effort, but mere editing (: Its almost done, but I think I really enjoyed the entire process totally, cause of the time spent in the church office, I get to mingle with like the entire pastoral staff. And really, what my intentions of who they seem to be and who they really are, are entirely different!

Aunty Lee Fong is like the coolest dudette, I call her "darling" and she shudders, but is gradually accepting it. Abel calls her my slave driver. LOL. Then there's Pastor Edwin who I love to just poke my head and disturb him, cause he'll be doing some cool stuff, surfing cool websites, watching arty christian videos that WOWs me. Pastor Enouch is there to tell COLD CHINESE JOKES. OMG. ahaha, its really fun when the entire things just gel up, Abel is the english cold lame jokes fella. Pastor Sunil smiles around, politely. Gan-paps treats me to milo peng (i think the entire world soon knows what my favourite drink is), have lovely chit chats and giggles. Ahahha. OH! And there's the amazing Pastor Keith. I've never really talked to him cause he had the label "SENIOR PASTOR". I scared leh the kind of authority, but really he's so lovely! Working with him is one smooth operating journey, taking a video of him, he's cool! How professional he really is, and how warm and attentive he is to details. I've never stepped into his room for more than 10 seconds, but yeah, lately, I just keep going to his room, disturbing him, with his toys, playing with his toys all sitted around his room. He loves kids!!! I'm really am amazed by this entire team and just being there, of course, i'm the chah si nang fella that goes around poking my nose into everyone, smile smile, say hi =) And lame around. hee hee.

The journey up of doing this directory has taught me stuff man, and it really is discipline. Take photos, editing the photos, to do with joy =) I never knew my photoshop quite not bad one, as in speed wise. AHAHA, i'll always link back to the time i'm so into my korean actors, Janggie, Kim Min Jong, Jung Woo Sung, that my boy before dating me, labelled me once "idol chaser".

I see it all come to past. For the belief I've held on that I really wasn't just chasing them, but looking at the way the koreans go about their magazines shoot, fashion, culture. Learn from the magazines, and at the same time, try to imitate their simple, yet elegant non sophisticated feel. I think that's where all my designs actually come in. The photoshopping I picked up entirely from forums of soompi, their wallpaper designing. To think I started off from powerpointing. And all the encouragements, from Minjong.com/forums, i got my most practice there. Hah, see it all come together, is amazing. I'm still going to give back to the forums still =) The start of everything. I just have been busy with everything else, I haven't got time to manipulate and play around with the new photoshoot pictures of the many beloved actors. I will start it back, get school over and done with, then got more time to sulk and enjoy my dramas. My MKW, Min Jongie, poor thing. Coming coming! I need uninterrupted, total concentration.

Thank you for the encouragement of the directory, definitely encouraging to see people accepting the entire ideas with open arms. i just hope people will flip the directory more often, find someone they wanna pray for. Or keep in touch with. I'm gonna do up another wallpaper again, i just saw a totally cool picture again while surfing for pictures for the directory. The noob designer at work ahaha. And try to get my PEST on Vietnam done, gundo me, went to do a swot. (I never knew the work I was ever gonna do apart from my leisure circle, at my free time, is gonna be for other purposes and its God's purposes. Seeing it come to light now, wows me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment