"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Monday, August 30

I was supposed to have spent time to write on my reflections which is the typical upon returning from trips but I never ever got down to writing it so I might as well type it out as I zone out in front of my desk for the moment.

What did I bring back - being asked by the person who drove on sunday (*hints + winks), who was finding out deeper into many areas of my life, to which I replied, to be reminded of the simple joys of life as I hung out with the kids and to pursue and dream the dreams they had. Plus the great relationships built with Rumeeshi and her entire cool parents :) The cute kids and people met has all been great!

But I think what the Sri Lankans really taught me was the reverence they had for the Lord. No one told them what to do but the atttitude they had in their hearts as they approached the communion table was one who had deep respect, love and gratitude they had but at the same time, approaching it with such humility.

Every person from a different nation carries this very heart that you can see that is evident in the locals, because of the environment and the usual circumstance/struggles that one will typically go through (yes, though none is exactly the same). So yeah, I think their heart to really serve was really moving :) Through little notions and yes, being Asians as always, warm and are lovely hosts.

I missed Taylor, yeap, never crave so hard for a guitar cause there wasn't any that we brought over but I did manage to touch one for a bit for a while, to just sing and play and worship for abit :D So yes, I know I'll never be left for a week without a guitar by my side. So that will make a list of the bible, ipod and now Taylor :D Yes, my prized possessions.

So it is still getting used back to chinese/singaporean food again. Been eating rice and curry too often now and still shaken from eating terrible catered food for Saturday's lunch, it is still fresh in my memory. Yes, I thank God for food but i'm still searching for my yummy meal. ahaha! So my mind will understand that food is yummy.

So what to do when you just can't think of anything to eat, I'm eating junk of Ramly and some fried champedak. Very, very unhealthy. hur hur. I want to roll on my bed like now. That's where joy is now :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment