"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Sunday, October 30

Reflections. of. CEbu.

My first mission trip was over at Cebu. As much as it was a place whereby I could draw a number of life lessons for myself, being part of the entire mission trip meant it was a time to take a closer look at God.

Taking a deeper look into how God works, amazed at even though over at Philippines, we could be speaking different languages, we worshipped one God, with one voice, one body. Bearing similarities in the songs we sang, we all had a desire for God. The hunger to see more of God was evident. Knowing him more and for more people to get to know the one God and for them to establish the intimate relationship with Him.

However different we were in each other’s eyes, God still showed that He loved every single one of us. That was one of the things I learnt, I was touched time and again at the amount of love that God has. Whatever situations we were facing, God could just touch at that moment when you needed someone, give you the strength to tide through the difficulties or find peace and rest in Him.

It was a humbling experience to see how blessed I was, how much more I had and how much more we could do for the people over there. It gave me renewed strength in a way to hold on tighter to God. To be able to see God working and stirring other people’s hearts and lives, it does stir up my heart to want to be part of His plans.

For now, I hope to serve God in the ways I could, that I’ll continue walking on this journey with God through the good and bad times and that may I be living a life that will be pleasing to Him. May God continue to look after Cebu and give thanks to the rest of the team for making the trip a really great one and to everyone who made it possible!

-amen- "I am falling to my knees. I need you more to breathe in me. My prayer is still the same. My heart is calling out your name. Sweet annointing fills this place. I am found in your embrace. Rain down on me. Rain down on me. Here in your presence I am free. Pour down like rain. Come touch me again. Let your presence fall on me. I am longing just to see. Your power and your majesty. Sweet annointing fills this place. I am found in your embrace. Rain down on me. Rain down on me. Here in your presence I am free. Pour down like rain. Come touch me again... " - Raindown. Sonicflood.

Feel His glory. Feel his love. Your love. Your grace. Marvels me. I never felt that much of a Father's love. I ponder what it is to grow up with a loving father. To a moment I realised. I wasn't that much different with the children over there. To a time I could even think. They could be richer than me in various ways. You realised. You could lay everything down. give everything I had right now. the earthly riches down. If it was money one want. Take it. Possessions that you want. Go ahead and take it. You can take everything I owned. But for one thing you can never take away in my life. It is my God and that relationship that has stood by me. The renewed feeling of not throwing myself to a corner and sitting down in a corner and cry at my own situation. To not abandon yourself and give yourself up but the renewed strength to face each new day wuth joy and optimism. I felt you near. I never cried that hard. In your presence. I felt you speaking to me soOo strongly. I couldn't turn my back but fall on my knees. The peace you gave me. The touch that once again allowed me to find comfort in your midst. Hold on. and as it is to never let go of you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment