"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Wednesday, February 18

Reborn and shivering
Spat out on new terrain
Unsure, unconvincing
This faint and shaky hour

Day one, day one
Start over again
Step one, step one
I'm barely making sense

That is from Alanis Morissette - Not As We. Well unwinding from a day's of work. My epic first day at work, can't say anything more, apart from I'm getting used to it.

- Getting used to waking up, travelling once more again, taking me bout an hour and 15 mins to work.

- Having lunch, and by mid day, I've been working for nearly half a day or something, and look forward till the end of the day.

- Interacting with people and to meeting people's requests daily, work wise, and everyday, pray for favour and grace so as not to step on anyone's toes. We're all happy people that way!

- Turning off the comp, looking at the time, packing up, hoping there's no OT for the day and work for the weekends.

- Love heading back home, cause somehow it always feels so fast then when you head off to work. Looking at people, working adults, men, women, child, kids, teenagers, students. Reading a book NOW! As and when. Its still on John G Lake for now.

- Enjoying my never ending playlists on my ipod. Will try to be good and listen to Bill Johnson. Since i've been unwinding to Khalil today on my way home, then James Morrison.

- Take off your shoes, stretch your legs on the table, watch some tv, eat some dinner, interaction with mom.

- Skip 100 times, so as to keep some heart pumping fast, to make sure i'm alive, and pant to feel tired and get some adreline pumping, i'm far too larthegic.

- Ending a day like that just with a sleep isn't satisfying, i'm doing everything else, i love, before i repeat the cycle tomorrow again.

You have to have some variations daily, before this never ending cycle starts sapping you up, and you start wonder what on earth are you doing it for. Thank God for music, lovely head phones, an okay day, nice people of in charge and boss so far =) I've got a lunch treat from boss today.

And I have to add, I don't feel foreign in my new job. Despite it being all the way at Punggol, for one thing I have learnt to take and appreciate, is the lush greeneries that is available, and the sea and yachts, (its at Marina Country Club), i'm reminded of His presence daily when I walk abit farther out. Most importantly, it reminded me of Telunas. Its a very nostalgic feel despite the place being my first time there. Its very rustic and quiet, away from the busy, hussle and bustles of the city. Takes awhile to get used to!

The office condition in it shifting towards the warehouse area of the country club, totally reminds me of Dad's first office at Henderson. Funnily, I was there yesterday, for an interview, nearby. And going from Sengkang down to Henderson - I relived memories of both TP days to Henderson days. All in a day while walking and getting by from one place to another.

So here I am today, writing another new page of memories and history. Today's happenings become tomorrow's histories. Things have changed, buildings have changed their colours, offices have changed, tenants move in and out.

With so many happenings, I'm just happy reliving both past, present and awaiting the future to unfold. Going through today, made me think, "I wonder how long of this can I take". And I'm reminded that work really isn't a race of speed to the finish, but a long test of persistance, patience, stamina. Pacing myself so as not to get burnt out and to meet whatever's been asked to.

I realised one thing today, i'm such a coporate kind and pattern of designer, i'm learning how to design more child like, happy, sporty, looking things. Its a challenge, but lets have some fun. And i realised the complexities of it, i used to think it was THAT easy, but realised it really isn't. AHaHHAA! I need to learn from those people who designs for kids! Meeting functionality yet to the needs of children.

And I must complain, the new microsoft mouse, they have sliced the WIRE TO BEING SO SHORT. Left handers have a problem you know. Grr. Time to do some reading and head off to bed.

I'm thankful office attire tends to be casual, so jeans and sneakers can head in. Steve was saying if I came in heels and skirt, he probably wouldn't have hired me. LOL! And I arrive @ 10am @ Punggol, grab a shuttle service. Learning along, bbashiya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment