"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Saturday, November 29

To the bunch of 2E2's to Hendersonians, many of you will remember Third Place. Don't know how many of you do, but i still do. And i hold it closely to my heart, with the hours we spent in there, learning how to play pool from the boys, buy a can of root beer over the counter @ $1, then the lovely lightings and sofas and couches and the stage! The hang out and the place to chill after classes and, a place me and Janna went to mug during our O's HAHAHAH.

Its got a great sound system but pathetically, back then I just wasn't into music that much yet, couldn't play any instrument while i remembered uncle jamie playing the bass, teaching students the angles to the game of pool.

SOOOO MANY YEARS have gone by i still do remember Unlce Jamie, many a times when i pass by the place i do think about dropping in and catch how's the cool dude doing. But it seems like the place is either gone now i think. I still have his mobile phone number in my phone, ahhaha funnily.

So then today, this same man who hunged out with us was in a musical today. I was like "where have i seen this man?" For he seemed far too familar, his ascent, the way he stood, the hairdo. Then it dawned unto me, "uncle jamie!!!" ahahah, yes dudes, this guy sings with all the vibratos, and harmonises well with the rest of the crew in today's "The Promise". He made my jaw dropped in the opening 15 minutes, too impressed with him, i was like "eh when was he a presbyerian?" AHAHAHHA!

So mid way through the show i just texted him to test my luck if he still had the same number, which i didn't get a reply till i left the UCC ahah! And hold and behold, Aunty Chris + Gan paps knows him! This world seriously can't get any smaller and he's pretty closely related to gan-paps. Never expected to meet him face to face, but i just took the chance to just say hi.

"hi, did you any chance used to hang around at third place long time ago?"

"yes"

"uncle jamie?"

"YESS~"

Ahahahah, it was so comforting to know it was him and i'm sooo surpised he does remember my face. (The delinquent) LOL! Yeah with my strange hairdo he was saying and how i've grown up. Ahaha, feels so funny! It was such a small world honestly speaking but its good, just seeing him doing well after so long and still being the cool dude cause he hangs out easily with the young people still really well. 过然没有矢手.

So that was just today's entry and all i ever wanted to say, was meeting uncle jamie after so long! =) thankful for the chance to just say hi, and reliving those good old after school days. ahhh. if it could have changed a little, i just wished i was on the guitar earlier, and we could be singing all together, at the third place. Little campfire feel. Ahhh. Lovely, and i miss the good old school days. My geeky hair, my glasses, my big baggy skirt, big blouse, red tie, mushroom shoes, low low, jack wolfskin backpack, worn real low to my butt. Taking 176 daily, it was only yesterday. Grr. =)

Leaving for Hong Kong, Janna was so sweet to have text. Gonna have fun like what Jacob says :) I'll miss you, silly ASSORTED DONUTS. Ahahha, looking at Grebit makes me think of you all the time.

And Jacob asked a very good question "why you so shy talking bout him?". Ahaha, i'm shy, cause its just him, and yah. Him lo, the one that makes me blush. Its embarrassing really, as in talking bout him will make me blush =X I don't know why, so i'll try to act really cool bout it, but i'm blushing all over. AHAHHA, so no one will really catch me in the act? LIke get him talked over done quickly, just showing all the left over expressions just really makes me wanna hide my face. I look silly! heh. So pretending you don't care really is the best cover. ahahaha!

Really like a 16 year old in love. Yeah, i guess somethings never change!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment