"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Thursday, November 6


To say that I am NOT tired, honestly is lying through my nose. I honestly haven't had a good, decent, rest to recover from my insistent, hardcore, mugging over the past couple of weeks. Well least till my darling, dubby reminded me and asked if I was enjoying myself, chilling out. It was like HELL NO, i've yet chilled out.

After the last paper yesterday, was a frantic scurry down to church to get the song booklets, then hitch a ride back to the East-West line up to Queenstown on Gan-paps car, with a little chitter chatter. Then ride up, bus ride up, with dinner at paya lebar, singpost, then yes to the home. The AG home, it was ok, just really having 32094
83 girls coming towards you, hugging you at random, chit chatting, screaming, shouting, doing a gazillion things can get really overwhelming.

But what i realised what i really needed and missed was actually space away from people, into my own corner. With the clutter, i needed time to be quiet, to be myself, sit down just either watching the world go by, or just enjoy the book i've been wanting to spend time with, BIll Johnson's or just time spent with my conversations or quiet time with God. I was really unused to not having that particular day to myself, which is usually before I sleep. Ahaha, was totally strange. So there was the practice i promised with the girls on their anniversary. Hoo.

It felt like hitting my head against the wall, when i miss
ed the count up to the US elections today, when i've been looking forwards to this morning, its Nov 4th over at the US but over here's, Nov 5. I've been looking forwards it since weeks ago, before my exams started, which was one of the motivating factors to help see me through the weeks of preparations. To sit down on the couch and just watch the polls numbers run.

It didn't happen, as I was still at the home :( ahaha, I decided to get home, but yes, as usual, dilly dally, i just decided to just heck it (oh yes), and just get home and watch whatever was left. With the dubby messaging me bout noon time to say "OBAMA WON!" ahahaa, with the number of seats won, i was about walking back, after trying in my failed attempt to head to the nearby hawker centre to grab some rojak home (cause I was craving for turnips in sweet sauce with my yu tiao). Before I rejoiced and screamed yay to him, i actually wanted to head home and catch some bits of the actions first before I actually replied him! HAHAHA. =D

But i think what was all worth the entire wait, was actually watching the victory speech made by the president-elect Barack Obama, i was on the verge of tears. Ahaha, somehow that tad bit of tears of relief and joy and happiness for the guy hi
mself, knowing somehow, everyone's voices being heard, the promises being said and what's to come. Seeing the mass and sheer number of people just coming together, looking at the scene, was just truly a sight to behold, and with the many people shedding those tears too, i just couldn't help either

*grins* I just felt at that moment, WOW. Least there's something for the Americans to cheer about surely, after 8 years, of news of deaths, the 911, the war against terror. Just what is it there to rejoice about? I felt at that very moment, there has been a reason for the people to cheer about, despite the looming and gloomy recession. W
hat was the best note for the Amercians, was really the spirit of humanity, which is to come together, sticking together, uniting together, and standing up and pit yourselves against the odds.

I love things like these, to see people coming together, to fight together for a common cause. Its what I live for. =) Happy to see that these 2 years of efforts of getting people to vote for the Democrats wasn't just a mere case of it on itself, but to remind many people that above all, it was for all Americans, to come together, as one, an
d have their voices heard, rally together and RAH-RAH together lah! It was a lovely sight really to see people shouting together in one voice "OBAMA - OBAMA" to the "YES WE CAN" sheer highness i tell you.

Obama brought to me recollections of the way he spoke, in comparable to the late Martin Luther King, the same kind of power and authority they co
mmand whenever they speak. The kind of charisma that oozes out, with every word spoken, every reaction from the crowd either comes in intense stares and focus on the speaker himself to unison replies or screams back.

It isn't whether Obama was black or white, democrat or republican. It was just his power and ability of being able to bring people together, to least know that they're not alone in their struggles, and everyone's trying their best to get out of the mess. But above all, i believe in one thing he had that was the cutting edge over Mc Cain. His walk with God, his faith in his God and his faith in prayers! Aahaha, if there's ever an inter
view with Mr Obama, one should ask "do you ever soak your events in prayers?".

To everything God wills, may his works be done on earth, as it is in heaven. There couldn't be anything better, i'm ever thinking if Mr Obama ever went evangelical and spoke to crowds, he's gonna bring the message of higher hope to many, just how many people are gonna be saved! Just thinking bout it at times, does blow my mind, everytime he speaks, turn up the volumes of your speakers and note the lips on the people in the crowd. They go "AMEN!" ahahaa, which is actually exactly what i did and said today too.

I hope he continues seeking his advice and counsel apart from the many advisers and people, above all, seek God =D Like what Mr Obama always go "God Bless You and God Bless America". What a great sign off. PRAISE THE LORD heh heh for the victory!

I do have this picture taken from my mobile through the tele, of this picture. It just captivated me, the people and the man himself, speaking. WOW. To see this finally unfolding to many, sheer elation. Its sitting on my mobile wallpaper <3 style="font-style: italic;">revival for America. Its gonna come sweeping at you.

Hitting the sacks now, in all ever thanksgiving mode,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment