"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." - Hebrews 11:1

Sunday, May 18

Rethink legacies

When death gets closer to home, it always hits home a recheck button on your checklist to take another look at your life and give it another thought. The most recent departure that left me thinking, was a departure of a friend, not one of a human, but one of a furry, four legged friend, buddy and companion of 14 years.


It made me wonder how many more 14 years do I have left, on account of how old I am now, how Lassie was with me since I was a teenager to where I am right now. You really do feel the passage of time finally. 

The 14 years she left behind, was a legacy of the knowledge of how she was one who knew who she was and that she was well loved and in that love, hope and confidence, be that love and joy to all those that were around her. As always, a faithful companion till the end :))

Then I wondered about myself and wondered if she did that in 14 years, I wondered what have I done haha. In all, I'm simply reminded to live life having to love and to be loved. Beyond the accolades, possessions and the added material things that give you that status or fame, what will people truly remember you for, will be the things that you have done, in deed and in actions than mere words for actions certainly speaks louder than words but I believe it remains etched in our hearts and minds for a longer period of time because they are things that have moved your heart.

To you, who have lived life merely as one trying to survive,
There must be something more to just survival.
Some say living beyond survival are for those fortunate and rich few,
But there must be a way where we can live beyond our circumstances.

Circumstances doesn't make us but it will be what we make do in these circumstances that will determine an eventual triumph or a defeat.
Being defeated now doesn't mean forever.
What has happened now or the past will not dictate our future, unless we let it to.

May you never forget your dreams and ideals, they are your guiding lights that will guide you eventually to a home and May circumstances never dictate what, how or what you should be or do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment